We are staying with Micah's mom while our house is being renovated. It is coming along slowly but surely with a huge Thank You to my dad for all of the hard work he has put in for us! He has basically re-wired and re-plumbed our entire house to bring it up to code and make it safe for us. He also has many plans to help modernize our house and bring it into this decade. We also just made our first large purchase for the house! New windows! We had very old single pane windows, and now we will have dual-pane, low-e, vinyl windows to help make our house more energy efficient! Woo-hoo, one thing to cross off the list!
It, not surprisingly, has been ridiculously hot this summer and so being pregnant I would live at the pool if I could. And Gianna is old enough this summer to really appreciate the water as well! We got her a cheap plastic pool for the backyard that she loves!
And living way out in QC with only one car has been hard as I am always looking for a reason to get out of the house. Luckily Heather, Ashli and Shawnee planned an awesome girls night out which included painting pottery and Uncle Bears with pink poodle smoothies. I painted a "G" for Gianna's room, can't wait to put it up in the new house!
And Gianna is now in the dress up stage where she loves to put on glasses, necklaces, scarfs, hats and anything else she can put on her head or around her neck.
Cousin Brayden came to play with us for about a week and Gianna loved having a friend around to play with all the time! Here is Brayden giving Gianna his gourmet grilled cheese I made for them. Gianna loves them but he gave me the, "You really want me to eat this?" look and then proceeded to hand each of his bites to Gianna, of which she gladly accepted all of them. Clearly they are not old enough to wait until I am not looking or to pass them under the table yet. ;)
And riding the carousel at the mall for the first time. Brayden loved it, Gianna went back and forth as to whether she liked it or not. I could not get a good pic of them because they sat right behind the staircase and by the time they were unobstructed I either snapped it too late or too early.
Mmmm, chocolate milk! Aunt Holli has devised a most devious plan in her attempt to become the favorite aunt. The last few times we go to visit she makes up a big glass of chocolate milk and proceeds to share it with lil' G. Gianna, until the first time this happened had never tasted it and I just give her plain milk at home so she basically chugs it down, it's pretty darn cute. A girl after her dads heart!
4 comments:
So much fun! I can't believe how big she's getting, what a little cutie. I hope everything's going well with your pregnancy!
haha chocolate milk? hmm im gunna have to step up my game! :)
this is unexceptable holli, just you wait, me and em have some ideas!
I'm glad you finally updated your blog:)! Fun Pictures!
Post a Comment