Well I am now 23! I feel like I am 40 most days. But I had a great birthday this year, although my actual birth day was fairly uneventful. When I married Micah birthdays became secondary to birth-week, so we celebrate all week long. We went for a birthday dinner to my dad's house and we discovered Gianna's love for rap music. You have to go to their
blog and go through the pics to the videos and they have a few of Gianna shaking her thing to Public Enemy, too cute! Besides getting some Hobby-Lobby gift cards(Yes!!) and some Shape-Up's to keep baby #2 in line Micah got us a family gift of a giant blow-up pool, canopy and lawn chairs.

I have been wanting a lawn chair that laid flat, so I could tan and blend in with my husband and baby. ;) And Gianna got a little chair too, she loves it! She doesn't even try to commandeer my chair, she just crawls right in hers and carries on long conversations with us.

Gianna loves the pool! She loves water in general but this pool is much bigger then the little plastic Wal-Mart one so her and all her cousins can play together and Micah and I can even get in there with her.

Gianna loves pushing around her stroller and taking care of her baby doll. We are still instilling the idea of "soft" with her but her intentions are usually good. I love how serious she takes strolling the baby around.

Here she is in the process of a "happy dance" for the camera.

Now back to strolling the baby, a very serious job. :)

Poor baby is only getting her teeth a few at a time and with months in between. She has only had her front two bottom teeth for quite a while and recently her front two top teeth have been poking through. So she loves chewing everything. She would just put the washcloth in her mouth and hold it with what teeth she has until the weight was too much. Here she is tying to smile for the camera while keeping hold of the cloth.

I recently finished Gianna's crib bumper! Finally! I love it, and am ready to start on curtains and other items for our future house! I used four different materials, that look really cute all together! The outside materials are this flowery, colorful one and the green and black flower print which alternate sides. I also made each side seperate so if one side was dirty I didn't have to throw the whole thing into the wash.


While the inside I wanted less busy prints, so I alternated a soft green pattern with a black and white polka dot. The soft green and black colors coordinate the set. And I found 3 great ribbons to mix and match for the ties. It was more work then originally anticipated but well worth the end result! Saving money and totally custom!

2 comments:
haha i want a pool that big!
Gianna is so cute. We haven't seen her since she was a baby. Why don't you get out of the heat and come visit us. Our high this summer has been like 98 degrees. gotta love it. Love the bumper pad you are awesome.
Post a Comment