How to make an adorable dresser for Gianna:

1. Find an old dresser that you want to renovate. Clearly it doesn't even need to have shelves, as you discard those anyway.
2. You will need to add in shelving for the baskets to sit on.
3 . Sand down the wood(with the grain) so that the stain will hold better, and to smooth away years of wear and tear.
4. Stain the dresser any desired color
5. Add the really cute baskets that you found at Micheals for 40% off! And adding cute ribbons to the baskets as handles is a great touch(not shown here but coming soon)!





So, this has been our baby project for the week! It was really fun spending time together working on it! We learned alot of do's and dont's of building ;) Next time we will be pro's! But there really is an exciting sense of accompliushment when you do something yourself opposed to just buying it at a store. Although Gianna will probobaly never appriciate the incredible handy work, it was great bonding time and has inspired us to do more projects! Our next one will be turning a giant frame I bought a few years ago into a cute family note board!

2 comments:

sakmb said...

WOW I am totally impressed who knew you guys were so handy, and you have inspired me I have an old dresser shoved into the back of a closed and now I know just what to do with it. Great Job your baby will love it!

Kathleen said...

Looks great! I have a bunch of woodworking magazines if you need any more ideas. But it looks like you are doing just fine so far :-)