A day of sun, sand and muddy water!

So it started out as a fishing trip. My cousin Cassie(left) and my sister Holli (right) are putting worms on their hooks...it is always funny to watch girls put worms on a hook(always)!
Everyone but Micah is using sticks and fishing string to fish. And after the storms the water is very muddy and cold. And while it may look calm the current was pretty strong!

So after a while of muddy water fishing, and no luck the boys moved on to throwing rocks at an old tree across the river that was barely hanging on!
After they got the tree down they tried to make a raft to float down the river with. However with the strong current it took a few of us to get the tree across.
Oh cute team work! We kept bringing logs to add to our makeshift raft. We tied it all together with the fishing line. In the end it would only hold one girl and it was pretty funny to watch Cassie float down river as the raft slowly fell apart!
It was a really fun day, full of adventure. And I got very sun burned...I had anticipated to stay in the shade and read a book but I couldn't let everyone else have all the fun. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun :) Anything to do with the water sounds good when you are in Arizona :) I think you need to add something to your blog...if you don't know what I'm talking about call me up :) Hope you guys are doing great!

Dan said...

i remember that! and am a little disapointed that the pic of cassie sitting on the raft and cody and aj chasing her wasn't added. good times!

Dan said...

ps. this is holli!

Kathleen said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! I would have loved to seen some pics of Cassie on the raft as it was falling apart :-)

Dustin and Tara said...

Looks like a lot of fun memories! And a lot of laughs!