For Gianna's 2nd birthday I wanted to make the cake. I went online looking for a cute "Strawberry Shortcake" (the character) themed cake and came across this super adorable 3 layer cake. I am someone who needs a creative outlet and loves to always have a project to work on. This was my resent one! I have never made more then box cakes that you pour in a casserole dish but I like a challenge.
So here are the 3 layers, each cake having 3 layers of french vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream filling and a buttercream icing. The only thing I didn't make from scratch was the the cakes as they were box mixes and the cardboard they are sitting on. I planned out 3 days to accomplish this as I needed to leave room for error as this was my final product and my test run. So...
Day1:baked the cakes and refrigerated them overnight.
Day 2: making filling, frosting and fondant and putting the layers together.
And the end result. No, not nearly as adorable as what I was going for but it was a learning experience, haha ;)
And the half eaten cream cheese filled strawberries drizzled with chocolate. Unfortunately the chocolate was a little bitter and so not a total success but with cream cheese filling it wasn't a total failure either. ;)
Brichelle spent most of the party taking her mid-morning nap on her Great Grandma Mennenga, too cute!
And to my great surprise many of her nursery friends were able to come too!
And my daredevil kept climbing the spider bars, she would be almost to the top before we would realize it!
And I had to take a picture of her paparazzi! What a diva!
Blowing out the candle!
A pic of the inside of the cake. And the top layer of cake made the perfect size portions for the kids!
Thanks to everyone who came it was a great party and I am excited for next year! Thank heaven it's a year away ;)
2 comments:
You did such a great job on the cake! I bet it tasted great too:)
Cute Cake. Birthday cakes are a lot of work...you did a great job!
Post a Comment