The Louisville Zoo

This past week we went to the Louisville Zoo!
The girls were really excited and Gianna particularly wanted to see monkeys!

My big helper!
 The gang!
Thanks Aunt Rachel for sharing your zoo pass!



We passed the Sea Lion exhibit just in time to see the show! "Bart" was over 500lbs. and could do all kinds of tricks. Pretty impressive!

Trying to find more Sea Lions afer the show.
The underwater viewing tank was HUGE!


The Swan swam right over to Brichelle and just stared at her for a minute or two! Crazy!


 "Hey! Watch it buddy!"


 The Gorilla enclosure!

He was eating a head of Iceberg lettuce

Even though there was a thick wall between us I was still a little scared. These Gorills were huge and looked like they were ready to rip your arms off. Ahhhh...


Gianna was immediately drawn to the old typewiter, she typed for quite a while.
Sh looked very proffesional as she did so.

How do you measure up next to a full-grown gorilla?

Whoa!



Camels

The nice thing about this Zoo compared tothe Phoenix Zoo is that we could get WAY closer to the animals and really feel how small we are!

We could get wthin 3 feet of tis big guy!


With cousin Gainer on the elephant. :)

 This bird is BIG! When he would get his wings going the entire enclosure shook!
Luckily they are in the process of building him a much bigger and nicer space!
Rhinos!

 Brichelle liked the animals but I think her favorite part was hanging on all of the fences!


Once again we were able to get super cloe to this giant! So cool!


The smaller Giraffe kept head butting the larger one! We learned later it was "Rival Fighting"
Someone might need to teach tiny the "big rule" haha!



I can't help it!...

"I like to move it, move it!"

OK, all done! 

 It was fun to eperience a different Zoo. I loved getting so close to the animals! I did not love all of the hills! I got a crazy good leg workout climbng all of those hills with two girls!

1 comment:

Petersens said...

Such a cool zoo! Your girls are too cute :)